Külföldi torrent oldalak Orpheus | OPS | Apollo Buffer update

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' posztoló hozta létre. Ekkor: 2018. november 14..

1. posztoló /

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Hello all,

as many have pointed out, there was a problem with reassigning upload buffer to members who held accounts on the previous site. The fault is mine alone; I rushed the job to ensure that people received the calculated value as fast as possible (to allow people to level up and be able to get things done once more, like editing torrents), and there was a mistake.

Simply put, the error arose from computing a + b * c instead of (a + b) * c. For instance, 5 + 4 * 3 = 17, but (5 + 4) * 3 = 60. That ended up hidden in plain sight in a 10-line db update statement.

In the above equation, a = amount given based on download and request vote/bounty activity, b = upload activity and c is the famous 50% upscale.

In retrospect, the decision to be fully transparent and show what the calculations were was the right one, at least people were able to spot the mistake. The error has just been redressed (50% more love on previous downloading and request activity), however, there will be no PM set out. To be honest I can't be fucked, you'll just have to trust me that it's correct. Musaeus and Antithetos reviewed the problem and the solution and we are confident that the result is now correct.

If you still think you didn't receive enough, you either didn't upload enough, or download enough, on the previous site.

I shall now be concentrating my efforts to go through the recovery table and reconnect new users to their old identity and bring them back their torrents. And then, hopefully, we can truly bury that which went before, once and for all.

Looking to the future, stay tuned: we have some great end of year celebrations lined up.

—— Spine

Discuss this post here

Címkék :