Külföldi torrent oldalak 32pag.es | 32P Monthly Gems

A témát ebben részben 'Archívum' CF dealer hozta létre. Ekkor: 2020. április 12..

1. CF dealer / Tulajdonos Vezetőségi tag

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Lakhely :
    deutschland
    Hangjelzés a Chaten:
    nem
    A few trifles to distract you in these trying times. Try to keep safe and we hope to see you on the other side of this.

Staff
    [​IMG]

I'm watching the tv show right now. That's right, it's a new Netflix show: "I Am Not Okay With This".

I'm recommending this because the show means that I intend to read the comic now. I thought other people might enjoy that as well.

John Constantine, step to the side, there's a new demon slayer in town and his name is Joe Fitzgerald! In pursuit of revenge for the death of his wife and with immortality on his side, Joe's unstoppable or so it would seem. Demons are tricky devils and can't be taken lightly.

Well written story by J. Michael Straczynski and nice art work throughout from C.P. Smith and Ben Templesmith.
    Richard Stark's (Donald Westlake pseudonym) Parker books. Not only among the finest of classic crime novels, but unlike just about any other classics, it seems to attract quality adaptations. It's as if it's personal to the creators. In my (and probably most people's) opinion, the '67 classic Point Blank starring Lee Marvin is at the top of these... this is an adaption of the first of these graphic novels, The Hunter. Usually the problem with crime movies is I have trouble imagining the actor actually pulling off 1/100th of what they're doing on screen. Think Leo DiCapprio in Gangs of New York. Parker is the opposite of that, and Lee Marvin captures it perfectly. Think Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York.

Why am I talking about a movie in a blurb about a novel that was adapted for a graphic novel? Because they're all that perfect. Darwyn Cooke didn't keep it a secret - he loved these books. Darwyn [rip] was a graphic designer turned cartoonist turned comic book artist. The stories he told were told in pieces that all had to complete in perfect time, or the story loses its charm. The New Frontier, another of Cooke's masterpieces, has similar timing, I feel. I always imagine chapters ending with a bit of a pause to let the story have a bit of a breather before resuming.

What the f irst book, The Hunter, provides you with is a timeless story you've probably seen in various forms already... The smooth criminal, who lets down his guard for a certain someone, only to be betrayed by his partners in the worst way possible. They think he's dead, he's obviously not, but he's been out of commission for a couple years, only coming back due to sheer willpower. He lives so that he can get revenge. The story isn't new. There's little shock in watching the individual parts of his plan unfold. But somehow, it's just impossible to put away. Timeless. You can feel the need for revenge. You want these bastards to pay.

And pay they do - the other graphic novels have Parker doing more revenge. He's great at it. It's delicious. Maybe not so delicious as The Hunter, but if you have a place in your heart for crime novels, you will love these.

The only downside of these books - for me at least - is the knowledge that Darwyn Cooke will never be able to provide us with another. Yeah, I'm a greedy fucker.

So it's a kids' book. But the art is great and it's a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 1