Külföldi torrent oldalak Mpaa Targets New Anti-piracy Ads... At People Who Already Paid To Go See Movies

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Dred hozta létre. Ekkor: 2015. június 30..

1. Dred /

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    There's that old joke that you've probably heard (in part because we've mentioned it in other contexts), about the drunk man searching for his keys under a streetlight, while admitting that he lost them further down the street. When asked why he's looking over by the light instead, he says "because that's where the light is." People even refer to this as the streetlight effect. And you can see it in all sorts of odd places.

Here, for example, is the MPAA, the guardian of Hollywood's old way of doing business, launching a big new "anti-piracy ad campaign" by... advertising to the people who already paid to see movies in the theater:
    The “I Make Movies” videos, which will run in 300 AMC theater locations and a handful of regional chains, spotlights the movie workers behind-the-scenes: a costume illustrator, seamstress, picture car coordinator, carpenter, and set designer.
    These spots will be showing in theaters across the country, because that's exactly what people who just paid huge sums of money to watch a movie want to see: an extra commercial before the film they paid to see telling them them to stop being dirty pirates, with the usual claptrap about all of the poor workers that piracy impacts (leaving aside that those people aren't paid based on movie revenue...).

It's the streetlight effect all over again. The incompetent and ineffective Chris Dodd-run MPAA feels the need to do something, so they fall back on the same old game plan:
    "Hey, let's advertise to try to make people feel guilty!"

"That's never worked before despite us trying for decades."

"This time it will work! It must work! Because they must all feel guilty! And once they see how guilty they should really feel, they'll stop pirating! Because I have no other ideas!"

"Okay, but where will we best place these advertisements to reach the right people?"

"I've got that one all planned out! We'll get them in the best possible spot: in the movie theaters! The theaters will show those ads for free and we've got a real captive audience!"

"But it's a captive audience who has already shown that they're willing to pay. Why should we advertise to them?"

"Didn't you hear me!?!? It's a captive audience and the theaters will let us do it for free! Piracy is solved!"
    Good luck, guys. Once again, if you're looking for better ideas, maybe fire the content protection team, and hire some folks who actually get the internet.