Külföldi torrent oldalak NoStre.am | NoS News

A témát ebben részben 'Archívum' posztoló hozta létre. Ekkor: 2016. december 14..

1. posztoló /

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    As many of you are aware, NoStream experienced downtime after a dump of user’s information were released and maximum permissions were granted to every user on the site. This data breach was the direct result of launching the site early on a development server combined with the betrayal of two former staff members. For reasons still unclear, these two staff members decided to lash out by getting ahold of user’s information, changing the email addresses of administrators to disposable email addresses to retain access, and threatening to leak more data if the site was not shut down within twenty-four hours. However, an observant 4chan poster recognized that temporary addresses leaked by the former staff members belonged to administrators, and used this information to cause havoc and changing the permissions of the user class to the equivalent of sysop.

We are deeply sorry for the effect this had on users, you put your trust in us and we let you down. We had two options: let this be the end or to learn from our mistakes and move on. After some reflection we decided to try again, this time making sure we got it right. We have moved the site to a secure location that is hidden behind several reverse proxies, purged the entire database, implemented a new instance of Gazelle, removed the individuals responsible for the breach, and limited direct access to the site server to one user.

Currently, we are busy rewriting and organizing Gazelle’s core code to make it easier to add new features. We are implementing the open source log checker, a plethora of design changes, and many more features that we hope will enhance the site experience for the casual user. We have also started making changes to the way the ratio system works to incentivize seeding, instead of favoring seedbox users and those who jump on the freeleech first.

I know many of you are still hurt and angry about the leak of personal information, as I am myself. The email address I had used for many sites is one of several included in the leak. It would have been easy for us to walk away and give up, but that would not have been fair to all of the users who had put faith in us to begin with. We will strive to go further than the level of quality many trackers have since become satisfied with. Ideas will be sourced from the community, and the best will be implemented in the site. We want to encourage others to share the music they love, while providing a place for us to share the music we love. Despite all of our differences as human beings, we still come together to celebrate our passion in music. We will not let the downfall of What.CD be the downfall of us. We will not let the downfall of NoStream.co be the downfall of us. We are here to stay until the very last song.

Yours truly,
    The NoStream Team