Külföldi torrent oldalak PassThePopCorn | PTP News

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' mephisto1 hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. szeptember 05..

1. mephisto1 /

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    RIP Leslie Nielsen, IRCKey Reset, Donations, Forums, and more!

As you may have heard, Leslie Nielsen passed away yesterday. In honor of his life's work, we have made his movies freeleech for the next 72 hours. If you upload a new torrent of his, you may report it and we will freeleech it asap.

Some of you may have heard the word around the campfire that some of our user's accounts have been compromised. This has occurred because of a previous sysop and/or developer from the passthepopcorn.org era who stole the list of IRCKeys when they were removed from their post. The accounts which were "hacked" had set their password as the same as their IRCKey at some point in the past. We have now reset all IRCKeys of ALL users on site, in order to get back into IRC you must set a new one. As a safety precaution, you cannot use the previous IRCKey or your site password as your new IRCKey. We did not want to have to do this, but it is out of our control. Thank you for your understanding.

Voorhees edit: December 5 update: Staff have noticed that some accounts are still being compromised with data from old copies of the site. Check your accounts and see if anything out of the ordinary is being leeched. If you have a weak password, change it immediately. If you want to be safe, change your password and reset your passkey. Many clients allow you to change your passkey and this old guide is still applicable. We do not wish to see our users hard work be taken advantage of so take better care of your login details and reset as much as you can to be on the safe side. If you use the same password on multiple sites, please reset those as well and try to keep a unique password on each site to avoid future problems

I apologize for the lack of donations updates over the past week, it is completely my fault. You will be happy to know that our beloved 312c has coded a feature which will allow me to easily update the donations total via the site, and I will be doing this no less than every other day henceforth. As you can see, we have received $200 over our requirements for December's hosting. This money will be carried over in the account to pay for January's hosting. Thank you to all our users' generosity for donating, if you have donated thus far you should have received a donor heart and invite. If you have not, please let me know.

We have added two new subforums due to popular demand. Allow me to introduce the Sandbox, where you can show off your latest PTP related stylesheets, greasemonkey scripts, and even gazelle code! Tired of all the forum spam? Well, Serious Discussion might be for you. Please be sure to read the specific forum rules for each of these forums before posting, as they will be enforced very strictly.

Also:

Hayling has decided to step down from staff for personal reasons. You can thank him for all his hard work in this thread.
    It has come to my attention that people are not paying close attention to the Uploading Rules. Please make sure to read these before uploading! Also, please respond to staff PMs regarding your uploads ASAP. Failure to do so will result in a warning, and eventually the removal of upload privileges. Thanks!
    A quick thank you to all the TMs who have been busy helping staff check all these new torrents recently!
    And another quick thank you to all of you uploading out there! We are setting monthly/weekly/daily records on the uploading! I hope to give you some more info on this soon.
    Remy has added a cool new feature allowing you to navigate directly to a torrent by IMDB. Example: https://passthepopcorn.me/torrents.php?imdb=tt0080339
    Remy has also recently added the much requested Highlight Downloaded Torrents. More details on the colors here.

Discuss this post here.