Külföldi torrent oldalak PreToMe | PTM Please Pay Close Attention!!!

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 03..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Preto.me

PLEASE Pay CLOSE AtTeNTiON!!!
    Posted Sep-22-10

Welcome to part 2!
    Those of you who are members of other trackers will know that PTM has very few and very simple rules regarding ratio / seeding and general site rules. In this part we want to provide some simple answers to very Frequently Asked Questions. Please keep in mind that all these answers have existed since you signed up here and are available to you in the FAQ

From this point I will assume you know what a Hit&Run is. Details on removing hit&runs are >>here<<
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scenario #1
    " I keep getting messages saying I have hit&runs and I have been disabled, but im seeding all the time!!!"

What causes this is simple: you stop seeding before you have reached the minimum site rules, as a result the system has recorded that torrent as a hit&run. What the majority of users with this issue do not realize is:if you stop seeding, no matter what the reason (you turn your computer off over night etc) you will be issued hit&runs by the system!!! If you have so many hit&runs your download ability will be disabled , until you resume seeding again. Please note: there is a *6 Hour* grace period from when you stop seeding BEFORE you are given a hit and run. It will not happen right away!

ATTENTION:***We want to be very clear on this, once your client is open and seeding again, your restrictions and/or warnings will be removed when the tracker updates, HOWEVER, the messages in your inbox will remain detailing your hit&runs and the warnings received***.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario #2
    "No one is downloading from me!" or "My upload speeds are not as fast as they should be!"

The answer to the first part is simple, if no one is downloading from you it's because well, no one is downloading from you. If you keep seeding above and beyond the required 60 hours it will greatly increase the chance of someone who would like that same file to enjoy it, and bring you closer to a .75 ratio and/or better upload stats. You may also be helping someone out with what would otherwise be a dead torrent. And let's face it, sharing is caring

The answer to the second part can be found by looking at the number of seeders and leechers on a torrent. If there are 100's of seeds on a current torrent (and chances are likely the majority are seedboxes and dedicated servers) along with 2 or 3 leeches, then bandwidth from you will likely not be necessary. The next section explains the best way to resolve that.
    Scenario #3
    "I want to seed tonight's new episode of True Blood but it says I am only uploading at 1-2 kB/s"

Setting up RSS on your client to check the latest downloads every 10 minutes will get you on a torrent soon after it has been posted, this is a great way to achieve more upload stats from the torrents you would download anyway.

see >>Automated Downloading<< and >>RSS setup<<
    Scenario #4
    "What is the best way for me to avoid a hit & run?"

It's your lucky day, the answer is very simple! Do NOT stop seeding, untill your torrent details page >>Torrent History<< show that the torrent has over 2days 12 hours seed time OR a share ratio of over 0.75. Failure to reach at least one of these requirements will result in a hit and run.
    Scenario #5: somewhat off topic, but we feel needs a better explanation
    "Why does my client give me an error saying: Access Denied Torrent limit reached?"

Here at PTM different user classes are given more 'Download Slots'. For complete and detailed information on them head on over to the FAQ. There are a couple reasons you could be receiving that error, but the #1 most common reason is you did not download 100% of the file. For example, you skipped the sample of a video or nfo file. PTM is a RATIO FREE tracker and there is no reason to skip these very small files.

Thats it for this installment. Always remember that asking questions that are answered here or in the FAQ can result in warnings being applied to your account.

Kép
    Edited 2010-07-20 12:15:38 by alizilla

Edited 2010-09-22 15:07:46