Külföldi torrent oldalak ABTorrents | ABT Romance Authors Recommend Hot Reads To Counter The Deep Freeze

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Dark Angel hozta létre. Ekkor: 2014. február 05..

1. Dark Angel / Guest

Romance authors recommend hot reads to counter the deep freeze

It's almost Valentine's Day! Time to break out the romance novels!!!!
    Here is an article from USA Today--
    Mama did NOT tell me there'd be freezer-burn days like these. But to keep warm (and to keep my sanity), I've been diving into some of my favorite romances. For example, Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer has always been at the top of my favorite-romances list. First, I love the marriage-of-convenience trope in a contemporary romance, and the hero and heroine's plight and growing feelings for each other still make me ache. Also, Lisa Gardner's Fear Nothing has been burning a hole in my Kindle since it came out earlier this month. Nothing like D.D. Warren to make me laugh and roll my eyes — in a good way. Both actions are great for getting the blood flowing.
    So what are our favorite romance authors reading to get their blood flowing? HEA asked …
    Kristan Higgins, author of The Perfect Match
    Greetings from New England, Joyce! I'm currently huddled in my igloo with my dog, drinking my new favorite martini, the Polar Vortex! Right now, I'm reading Marry Me by Kristin Wallace, a very cute "cynic meets idealist" story in which a woman returns to the family she hasn't seen in 15 years to help her former stepsister run a wedding business. Problem? She flippin' hates weddings, having gone through something like 2,288 step-parents in her life (so far). The hot guy next door is a grieving widower (sigh!) with a completely different and idealistic take on lurve. Best of all, Joycie dear … it's set in the South during springtime. Makes me remember the smell of lilacs!
    Cynthia Eden, author of Burn For Me
    I live along the Alabama Gulf Coast — and we are NOT supposed to have freezing temperatures down here. But someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that fact, and we've actually had snow and ice hitting us this week! Brrr! So to fight those frigid temperatures, I'm staying inside and curling up with some of my favorite hot reads … Dream Man by Linda Howard and Honor's Splendor by Julie Garwood. These books are guaranteed to fight the winter chill.
    Julie Ann Walker, author of Born Wild
    When the temps dip below zero in the great white north (read: The Windy City), I long for sand and sun. And when I can't get there by plane, I take a quick journey in my imagination with Roxanne St. Claire's Barefoot Bay series. In Barefoot by the Sea, the chemistry between Tessa and John is steamy enough to make me forget the whirling snow outside. And since we're on the subject of heat, let's talk about romance that's hot out of the oven! Comfort food, a sexy chef, and enough sexual tension to light my e-reader on fire. That's Cara and Shane in All Fired Up by Kate Meader!
    Kate Douglas, author of Dark Moon
    I don't mean to be contrary, but while the rest of the country is stuck in the deep freeze, out here in California we're dealing with temps in the 70s and no rain. Doesn't mean I'm not reading, though. While much of the country is sitting close to the fire, I've been out on the deck, sitting in the sun with a glass of wine and a copy of Jayne Ann Krentz's River Road. I think Lucy and Mason are destined to be my new favorite hero and heroine. Jayne always nails 'em.
    Grace Burrowes, author of The MacGregor's Lady
    I'm supposed to be getting a ton of writing done during these terribly, horribly, awfully very cold days, but nooooo. I've binged on Joanna Bourne's Spymaster Series — The Spymaster's Lady, My Lord and Spymaster, The Forbidden Rose and The Black Hawk. Jo writes about lovers with soul-deep opposing loyalties, in the midst of a long, bloody war. And yet, love finds a way to bridge all the divides — nationality, ideology, language, geography. If love can endure through all of that, surely I can put up with a cold snap?
    Tawna Fenske, author of Marine for Hire
    Nothing warms the cockles of my heart (and other chilly body parts!) like a combination of sexy romance and great humor. I've been re-reading two of my favorites, In a Fix and Quick Fix by Linda Grimes. I love the laugh-out-loud comedy, yummy love triangle, and cool premise about aura adaptors. I'm also feeling the heat blazing from the new Feb. 3 releases from Entangled Brazen featuring military heroes, including Katee Robert's In Bed With Mr. Wrong, Tessa Bailey's Staking His Claim and Diane Alberts' Temporarily Yours. It's suddenly feeling very, very hot in here!

Címkék :