Külföldi torrent oldalak SpeedApp | SpeedApp.io Stop downloading from public trackers and/or small trackers

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' bincy hozta létre. Ekkor: 2021. április 13..

1. bincy /

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Lakhely :
    Maros,Rigmány
    Public trackers (and some small private trackers) do nothing for your privacy.

Public trackers
    Public trackers are, generally, those from where you can download torrents without needing an account (examples: thepiratebay.org and rarbg.to).
    In order to function, public trackers rely on some unsafe protocols for information exchange. It is through these protocols for every torrent you download from a public tracker your bittorrent client (uTorrent, qBittorrent, etc) will broadcast to all listeners that somebody having the IP address a.b.c.d wans to download the torrent Game.of.Thrones.S01.PIrated. Anybody can receive these broadcasts, including Hollywood lawyers, law enforcement agencies and/or other interested parties.

Anybody on this planet with enough knowledge (not too much), enough money (not a lot) and enough determination can watch what you're downloading from public trackers. Granted, they will not know who's behind the IP address a.b.c.d at any specific time, but here's where law enforcements comes in -- if they really want to know, they can find out.

Private trackers
    What does any of this have to do with my favourite private trackers? Some of the private trackers some of you peruse (mostly the smaller ones) while trying to provide torrents with a longer lifetime and/or faster download speeds they get to rely on the same protocols as public trackers. Thus, some (or even all) torrents you download from some of these trackers *can* be monitored by anyone.

Unbelievable! (No, really, I cannot believe it)
    As I mentioned previously, ANYBODY can do this without our knowledge, without our consent. As it happens there already is somebody that does this in plain sight (probably hoping to get more clients from hollywood and/or law enforcement).
    By clicking the following link you will get to see an unfortunate pirate who downloaded an impressive amount of unorthodox content -- https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/?ip=188.26.36.67 . Browsing that website you'll find lots of IPs and lots of downloads attached to them. If you're curious, you can even see your own downloads on this page -- https://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/

What the hell should I do now?
    With regard to public trackers, I can only recommend you one thing: hit and run; you download as fast as possible and stop the torrent as fast as possible. This way the chances of getting caught downloading/seeding get reduced to a minimum (but not elimited entirely). Try to download as little as possible from public trackers. As for private trackers, I'd rather not shame any private tracker (though, they would deserve it since they're not protecting your privacy). I'll just tell you HOW you can sniff a dangerous private tracker (at least from this point of view): if the torrents you download there, under the "Trackers" tab in your client, for the rows labeled "DHT" and/or "PeX" show anything other than "disabled", that means that(/those) torrent is public (monitorable).
    Later edit: As our colleague, @prazul, pointed out, there's also the VPN way. I'm sure most of you can't use or don't know how to use one, but I chose to add it for completeness sake. Caution! Using a VPN does not guarantee anything. You need to be careful while shopping for a VPN service. Also worth mentioning is the fact that most VPN providers cannot or will not provide port forwarding which will affect your download and seed ability.

This is BS; You just want us downloading from SpeedApp
    Most of you have accounts on Filelist. Some of you even on IPT and/or TL. You can download from whichever you like. Not limited to those. There are a lot of big trackers which banned public torrents and which can fulfill your needs for content. You don't need to download from SpeedApp. Just Stay Safe.

Why tell us all of this?
    While reading the answers to the survey I noticed there seem to be quite a few users who use public trackers. I want people downloading from public trackers to be fully aware of the extent they're exposing themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informatív Informatív x 1