Külföldi torrent oldalak PreToMe | PTM Things You Might Not Have Known" Part 2: Seeding ( Best Practices ) And Hit&runs

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 03..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Preto.me

"Things you might not have known" Part 2: Seeding ( best practices ) and Hit&Runs
    Posted Jul-20-10

User who are members of other trackers will know that PTM has very few and very simple rules regarding ratio / seeding and general site rules.
    For those of you who arn't memebers of other trackers, take care of your account here! Like the few before you, you will regret losing your access.
    From this point I will asume you know what a Hit&Run is. Details on removing hit&runs are >>here<<
    A common complaint heard by staff:
    User >> I keep getting messeges saying I have hit&runs and I have been disabled, but im seeding all the time!!!
    What is not understood is if you stop seeding before you have reached the minimum site rules, the system will record that torrent as a hit&run.
    What the majority of users with this issue do not realise is: if you stop seeding no matter what the reason (you turn your computer off over night etc) you will be issued hit&runs by the sytem.
    If you have so many hit&runs your download ability will be disabled , untill you resume seeding again.

Once your client is open and seeding again, your restrictions and/or warnings will be removed but the messeges in your inbox will remain detailing your hit&runs and the warnings received.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best practices on mainting a good account at PTM.
    Download what you want to watch/listen to and seed it as long as you can
    Sounds simple right ? , yet people still get the wrong idea...
    Dont download torrent for the sake of trying to get better stats.
    There are reasons why this doesn't work and is generaly bad for us as a group that are to detailed to go into for this announcement
    This includes:
    Downloading 1 file from a multi file torrent
    Downloading a torrent because it looks like it has leechers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No one is downloading from me!

That may be true of right now, or today. Seed your PTM torrents past the minimum seedtime limit of 60h, users may still want you to be sharing a week, a month or a year from now! The longer you seed for, the more chances of gaining a 1:1 ratio and/or better upload stats.

Worried about ratio ?
    Setting up RSS on your client to check the latest downloads every 10 minutes will get you on a torrent soon after it has been posted, this is a great way to achieve more upload stats from the torrents you would download anyway.

see [url/faq.php?action=viewitem&id=16]>>Automated Downloading<<[/url] and [url/faq.php?action=viewitem&id=25]>>RSS setup<<[/url]

I want to avoid hit&runs :
    Do NOT stop seeding, untill your torrent details page >>Torrent History<< show that the torrent has over 2days 12 hours seed time OR a share ratio of over 0.75
    There is no other way to get a hit&run and therfore no other way to 'not' get a hit&run.

Edited 2010-07-20 05:27:21 by alizilla

Edited 2010-07-20 05:36:20