Külföldi torrent oldalak Libble | LiB This Week's Musicologist Pick

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 09..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Libble.me

This week's musicologist pick - posted 6 days, 3 hours ago

Smug1's first pick!

[​IMG]
    smug1 wrote:

My First Musicologist pick ..........

Singer/songwriter/arranger/producer, acid-soul pioneer, record label entrepreneur-Curtis Mayfield was a visionary whose talents easily won a mass audience of all races. And through his music, he sought to enlighten all who would listen about freedom and civil rights.

His first solo album Curtis represented a musical apotheosis for Curtis Mayfield -- indeed, it was practically the "Sgt. Pepper's" album of '70s soul, helping with its content and its success to open the whole genre to much bigger, richer musical canvases than artists had previously worked with. All of Mayfield's years of experience of life, music, and people were pulled together into a rich, powerful, topical musical statement that reflected not only the most up-to-date soul sounds of its period, finely produced by Mayfield himself, and the immediacy of the times and their political and social concerns, but also embraced the most elegant R&B sounds out of the past. As a producer, Mayfield embraced the most progressive soul sounds of the era, stretching them out compellingly on numbers like "Move on Up," but also drew on orchestral sounds (especially harps), to achieve some striking musical timbres (check out "Wild and Free"), and wove all of these influences, plus the topical nature of the songs, into a neat, amazingly lean whole. There was only one hit single off of this record, "(Don't Worry) If There's a Hell Down Below We're All Going to Go," which made number three, but the album as a whole was a single entity and really had to be heard that way.

As an 11 year old kid over 30 years ago, I used to attend a "Mod" Disco at my local youth club, one night I heard a track "Move on Up by Curtis Mayfield" it blew my mind and started a life long love of Soul music, this album is still as important to me today as it was all those years ago, I hope you enjoy it - smug1

These will all be freeleech until next Sunday.