Külföldi torrent oldalak Libble | LiB This Week's Musicologist Pick

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 09..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Libble.me

This week's musicologist pick - posted 4 days, 11 hours ago

From Orbitize:

[​IMG]

Two Pages is an album by the English band 4 Hero, which was shortlisted for the Mercury Music Prize in 1998. Many cite it as very influential on the broken beat sound emerging around this time.

Before it came out in 1998, after a couple of the tracks had previously been put out on promo's and on the EP "Earth Pioneers", the anticipation for the release of the project as a whole LP reached fever-pitch amoungst the underground dance music scene on the streets of London --and probably Tokyo, Paris, NYC, etc-- so when it eventually hit the airwaves of the few radio shows who got it first (probably Gilles Peterson; who at the time was still doing A&R for his label Talkin' Loud, so had the obvious label connection !!) the reponse was massive, and though it could be said 4 Hero were a so-called 'underground' fenomenon beforehand, after "Two Pages" was released, this soon changed.
    This became evident when the LP was nominated on the shortlist for the Mercury Music Prize in 1998. Praise indeed, as the Mercury is respected as being given to only the best albums of the year that any artist releases (whatever their field; folk,dance,rap,rock ...anything) and is voted entirely on the QUALITY of the music, and not on sales which are often due more to record companies preconceived marketing campaigns rather than musical worth.

On a personal note, these two CD's were in a bunch of the very first CD's I owned, and as such hold a very special place for me! I hope you will enjoy this album as much as I have over the past 12 years!