Külföldi torrent oldalak Libble | LiB This Weeks Musicologist Pick

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 09..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Libble.me

This weeks musicologist pick

A new pick from Miepersen, this will be freeleech for a month:

Alan Vega / Alex Chilton / Ben Vaughn - Cubist Blues

Kép

So what do your get when Alex Chilton - yes, THE Alex Chilton - crosses blades with Alan Vega (of equally legendary Suicide fame) and throw in Ben Vaughn for good measure? Not much it would seem because this album did exactly nothing upon it's initial release and neither did it get any attention after Alex Chilton's recent passing. Fortunately all of this didn't stop Allmusic from making it an album pick that I stumbled upon while checking out Alan Vega's solo discography. Turns out it's an equally weird and wonderful record that's best described by this review:

[...] This is midnight of the soul mixed with ’50s Beat energy and what Elvis would sound like if he had ever tried to channel Jerry Lee Lewis, drunk. Only one million times deeper and darker and, for my money, more satisfying. This is at once deliberate, narcotic and wonderfully disorienting. It’s like you walked into the wrong bar and stumbled onto a one-off jam session featuring a bunch of bruised and wily underground legends, laying it all on the line for nobody but themselves. Which is exactly what this album is. [...]