Külföldi torrent oldalak Libble | LiB This Week's Musicologist Pick

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 25..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Libble.me

This week's musicologist pick
    A new pick from smug1, this will be freeleech for a month:

Purple Hearts - Beat That!
    Kép

Yet another Mod Revival LP from me this month, this time the punky and very wonderful Purple Hearts, now back on tour, catch them if you can, cheers - smug1

The best selling & most popular of the Purple Hearts albums, 1980's BEAT THAT! still sounds like one of the New Wave era's great LP's. NME described it as....

"a potent pot-pourri of The Monkees, The Yardbirds, The Pistols and The Clash"
    and "they stand head and shoulders above the flotsam as the best things to come out of the whole (Mod Revival) shebang."

It contains 2 of the great Fiction era singles (the CD release added Millions Like Us & b-sides) in 'Jimmy' & 'Frustration' plus live favorites 'I've Been Away', 'Can't Stay Here' & David Bowie's "Can't Help Thinking About Me". Housed in a lovely pop-art sleeve, it really is the bands defining hour.

It stands as one of the the best examples of the post-punk Mod Revival era. You can hear as much Clash as Yardbirds and sounds more Count Five than Secret Affair.