Külföldi torrent oldalak Libble | LiB This Week's Musicologist Pick

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. augusztus 30..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Re: Libble.me

This week's musicologist pick

A new entry from Dr. Mixtape feat. a guest pick by dickthespic, this will be freeleech for a month:

Richard and Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
    Kép

Asked to choose an album isnt the easiest job in the world.
    My choice comes after a lot of thought.
    I was studying agriculture at university (great place to listen to folk music) when this album was released, enjoying life and not really giving a s**t what was happening in the world. I was suprised at the sadness and helplessness, it made me look at what was happening out there and try and do something about it. I fell in love with the album (a love that has lasted almost 40 years) and the music of Richard Thompson.

I Want to See The Bright Lights Tonight is a perfect way of getting to know one of the worlds great guitarists and folk songwriters.
    Richard Thompson's post-Fairport Convention career seemed undistinguished until he teamed musically with his then wife, herself a friend of his former colleague Sandy Denny. I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight spread through the London critical community like wildfire in 1974. The title song was one of the most-loved tracks of the year. The album did not do very well.

The title track with CWS (Manchester) Silver Band playing along really takes you back to the early 70's, time of social unrest, 3 day week, miners strikes and of course the reason the album was delayed for 8 months, shortage of vinyl due to the oil embargo, if you can believe that.

Not an album for cheering ones self up,but as a historical document of the darker side of British life none better.