Külföldi torrent oldalak PWTorrents | PWT News

A témát ebben részben 'Torrent oldalak hírei' Pegazus_SCD hozta létre. Ekkor: 2011. november 28..

1. Pegazus_SCD / NoPainNoGain

Kapott lájkok:
    Beküldött adatlapok:
    Nem:
    Férfi
    Foglalkozás:
    Vezető pozició
    Lakhely :
    Miskolc
    Show/Hide Nov-24-11 - Probable Temporary Shutdown

UPDATE 25/11!!
    We currently seem to be safe from downtime. The PWT community has some extremely generous members, and when they band together with our host, which has allowed a late payment, I will be able to cover what's missing out of pocket. That means we will be able to avoid tracker downtime while looking up another host.

We are currently looking at other hosting options to cut cost even further than what we have done the last couple of months.

I want to send a HUGE thank you to those who have sent a donation since yesterday, and also a really heartfelt thank you to all those who sent me a PM with tips and supportive words. Some good ideas to consider have popped in to my inbox.

---------------

Unfortunately I do not see any other option right now, until we can find some financially sustainable hosting.

It is an unfortunate fact that it cost money to run a torrent tracker. At the end of this month, after paying off the PWT bills that were due for domains and irc, we were still almost €340 in the red for the server itself. After having covered the "slack" each month for quite some time, I quite simply cannot afford picking up a tab that size. So most likely some time during this weekend, the PWT tracker will be shut down.

Call it pride, stubborness or whatever you might like, as the site owner I cannot beg for others to pay the site costs. It's my responsibility. Donations have been a big help in keeping PWT up and running, but we will still need to find a way to cut some costs for the site before it can be viable to keep it running.

No user accounts will be lost, as I have fresh backups from today. The domains are still mine. And our irc server, which is not hosted on the same server as the tracker, will still be available

We will still accept donations from those who wish to help PWT to either keep running without pause, or help us get back up as quickly as possible, but this is completely up to the users themselves.

I apologize for this, and also the short notice, but I was hoping in the longest that I didn't have to do this.

With some luck we might not have downtime, but since we simply do not have the cash at hand to pay the host right now I don't really see how to avoid it.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, and for disappointing our users and my fellow staff members by not being able to keep PWT running non-stop.

If anyone should feel the urge to help by donating, it is of course welcomed, but like I said, this is my responsibility. And ultimately, right now, my failure.

Donation rewards are of course still up for grabs, and will be handed out, since we will keep all accounts for when PWT makes it's return.

Bandwidth:
    7 Euros = 7 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 2 Invites
    10 Euros = 10 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 2 Invites
    20 Euros = 20 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 2 Invites
    30 Euros = 30 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 2 Invites
    40 Euros = 40 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 2 Invites
    50 Euros = 65 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 5 Invites
    100 Euros = 125 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 10 Invites + Promoted to 'Main Eventer'
    200 Euros = 250 Gigabytes of bandwidth + 20 Invites + Promoted to 'Main Eventer'

Anonymous pwtnetwork.net e-mail forwarder services:
    6 months - €20
    Lifetime - €50

POP3 pwtnetwork.net e-mail account services:
    6 months - €50
    12 months - €90
    Lifetime - €200

Username change - €10